Disclaimer: These rankings are based on my own opinions.
So I only finished 15 seasonal animet his year. Meaning anime that aired this year. So of course it doesn’t count anime like ARIA the ORIGINATION, Mnemosyne, or Perfect Blue. Well even if you added those it would only be 18. Pitiful. However I did read a lot more. Starting the year off with Ranma 1/2, Steel Ball Run, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, YKK and others.
Disclaimer #2: This list doesn’t include specials like ARIA the AVVENIRE, or OVAs like SYD, or anime shorts. However it does include movies.
I’ll seperate them into tiers. All scores are out of 10.
Tier 1 (8-10):
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 8.5/10
- flying witch 8/10
- Kizumonogatari II – Nekketsu-hen 8/10
- Hibike! Euphonium 2 8.5/10
Tier 2 (7-7.9)
- Kizumonogatari I – Tekketsu-hen 7/10
- Durarara!!x2 KetsuDurarara!!x2 Ketsu 7.5/10
- ANNE HAPPY 7/10
- Joker Game 7/10
- Drifters 7/10
Tier 3 (6-6.9)
- Dagashi Kashi 6.5/10
- Kuma Miko 6.5/10
- NEW GAME! 6.5/10
- Love Live Sunshine!! 6.5/10
- WWW.WORKING!! 6.5/10
Tier 4 (5-5.9)
- A Double Suicide / Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu OP1
- Soundscape / Hibike! Euphonium 2 OP1
- Gospel to the Throttle / Drifters OP1
- Checkmate!? / Dagashi Kashi OP1
- ninelie / Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ED1
- Ashita de Ii kara / ANNE HAPPY ED1
- Vivace! / Hibike! Euphonium ED1
- Lime Tree / Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut ED1
Overall it was a pretty alright year my ratings average to about 7.06/10 but that’s also because I don’t include dropped anime and I tend to avoid watching anime I won’t like. I think I dropped a few things here and there like Kabaneri but I enjoyed nearly all the anime I watched this year. I read a lot and shortened my backlog by quite a bit. Well if you really want to know anime of the year in my opinion would be Rakugo or Euphonium. I can’t decide between the two; I enjoyed them both a lot.
That’s pretty much it for this year. I still have a two manga reviews coming so look forward to them next year!
Changes (Jan. 1, 2017)
- ANNE HAPPY bumped up from 6.5 to 7/10
- Added Best Opening and Best Ending categories